Friday, May 25, 2007

Chasing Squirrels

Hi everyone! This is part two of encounters with birds and squirrels that I promised Blue (Glad to hear of your Springer with a tail although I realize that most Springers don't get that choice. Lily and I are glad we have tails.) The story starts when Jolly (Ruffy's mom) finds this stump with roots. She thinks it is a good sculpture so she and my mom move it to the garden. Then my mom, who loves to feed the birds, decides to put a bird feeder on one of the roots. The chickadees and other birds find it pretty quickly. Then the squirrels take notice and find it an easy way to get seed. I take note of this activity and start chasing the squirrels. I get so into trying to get them that I climb the root stump. It is pretty easy to climb but not easy to catch a squirrel. I'm almost at the top!
Where did those squirrels get to? I thought I saw them on here.
Hey! How did those pesky squirrels get over there so fast? They were on this stump a minute ago!
Oh well! I'm the king of the world!

7 comments:

Headgirl said...

Very good.
Re you being king of the world - my childhood rhyme went, when lording it above others, 'Im the king of the castle, you're the dirty rascal' We'll change it to squirrels!
I don't see any in my garden, but theres quite a few in my neighbouring park. Are you're 'rats with tails' the black or grey variety?

Molly the Airedale said...

A mountain dog! Wow! You're very brave to get up that high!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Billy (YES Casanova!!!) said...

You certainly are King of the World in that last picture!

Thanks for sharing you three!

BIG hugs from Billy Boo:)

Lorenza said...

Yes! You really look like king of the world in that last picture. I'd like to have larger legs to get that high!
Great pictures.
Have a nice weekend!
Lorenza

Lizzy said...

Great pictures! You are very high up!

Sparky

MJ's doghouse said...

this is the first time i read your blog and it is very fun. I like your king of the tree picture....i like to climb too..but i am a little too fluffy right now so mom makes me take it easy...she is afraid i will break something and she will have to carry my large butt to the car....how ruuuuuuude..

Billy (YES Casanova!!!) said...

What are you all up to??

BIG hugs from Billy Boo:)